Red Iron Slings are an engineered temporary pipe restraint system, designed to minimize the risk of injury due to a pipe failure. Intended for use on well heads, flow lines, pipelines and other high pressure well control equipment.
– The Red Iron Sling is designed to restrain and limit the movement of high pressure piping during failures.
– Red Iron Slings are manufactured to ASME B30.9 standards and have been certified to be in compliance with all global temporary piping standards along with Shell Standards.
– Abdex will provide training and certification on the proper installation of Red Iron Slings.
– Each sling comes in 3 lengths – 4ft, 10ft, and 20ft.
– The slings are half hitched to the flowline at strategic points and secured together with a shackle. Securing it with a shackle makes it easy to break connection and replace seals.
– Each sling is tagged with pipe size and psi rating.