Iron Pipe Slings – Applications
|Duty||Code Colour||Pipe size / psi rating|
|Light Duty||Red||2” Max Pressure 15K psi|
|Light Duty||Red||3” Max Pressure 8K psi|
|Light Duty||Red||4” Max Pressure 5K psi|
|Medium Duty||Blue||2” Max Pressure 20K psi|
|Medium Duty||Blue||3” Max Pressure 15K psi|
|Medium Duty||Blue||4” Max Pressure 10K psi|
|Heavy Duty||Orange||2” Max Pressure 20K psi|
|Heavy Duty||Orange||3” Max Pressure 20K psi|
|Heavy Duty||Orange||4” Max Pressure 15K psi|
• The Red Iron Sling is designed to restrain and limit movement of high pressure piping during failures.
• Red Iron Slings are manufactured to ASME B30.9 standards and have been certified to be in compliance with all global temporary piping standards along with Shell Standards.
• Abdex will provide training and certification on proper installation of Red Iron Slings.
• Each sling comes in 3 lengths – 4ft, 10ft and 20ft.
• The slings are half hitched to the flowline at strategic points and secured together with a shackle. Securing it with a shackle makes it easy to break connection and replace seals and refasten in a timely manner should you have to.
• Each sling is tagged with Pipe Size and psi Rating.